Potatoes with their skin, cut, dried and fried to a crisp. Dad's recipe which we all love.
Potatoes fried with skinPotatoes with their skin, cut, dried and fried to a crisp. Dad's recipe which we all love.Parvathy Jayakrishnan
Dried kasuri methi leaves
Jeera powder (cumin)
Fresh corrainder leaves
- Wash the potaotes well in running water. Scrub their skins with a scrubber to remove all dirt and mud. cut them into cubes and keep them out to dry in the sun fro 3-4 hours. This is to let the water in the potatoes evaporate so that they become crispy when fried.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the kasuri methi and fry till light brown. Add the jeera to it and let it crackle. Chop the garlic into tiny pieces and add it to the pan.
- Add potatoes to the pan and let it fry slowly. Add the masala- jeera powder, corriander powder, chilly powder and salt and let the potataoes cook slowly in low flame.
- Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Then increase the intensity of the flame and let the skins fry till crisp.
- Garnish with fresh corriander leaves and serve hot.