Finely chopped banana stem cooked in grated coconut and sour curd. A simple, yet tasty dish.
Banana stem curry (Vazhappindi moru ozhicha kootan)Finely chopped banana stem cooked in grated coconut and sour curd. A simple, yet tasty dish.Parvathy Jayakrishnan
Dried red chillies
- Finely chop the banana stem into small square cubes. Make sure you remove the net-like fibre while cleaning the stem.
- Boil the chopped stem with a little water and turmeric and salt. Boil for just 8-10 minutes.
- In a mixer, grind the grated coconut, jeera and green chillies to a fine paste and add it to the boiled stem mixture. Continue boiling the mixture until the raw taste of coconut goes away.
- Beat the sour curd (do not add water) in a mixer so that it turns into buttermilk. Add the buttermilk to the boiling mixture and turn off the stove when it just starts boiling.
- For garnish, heat coconut oil and let the mustard seeds splutter. Add the methi seeds and curry leaves and dried red chillies. Add the garnish and mix well.